Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Too Many Words...

For about the past 2 hours, I've been trying to memorize 60 words for my English Test that I am taking tomorrow. I've been starring at my computer screen, trying to think oof what to write and I glance down at my vocab book and I decide that I can write a post on what I've done for the past few hours.
I've always had a pretty bad memory, so I absolutely hate vocabulary test. Everyone says there the easiest kind of test because all you have to do is memorize, but they are pretty difficult when you cannot remember a thing.
This year, we take a vocabulary test every couple of weeks and because I am not so succesful at them, I decided I needed to change my study method. In the past, I've stared for hours at my vocab book, repeting each word and it's definition out loud, but that was not a very successful method.
For recent vocabulary test, I've decided to try something new.  I write down all the words on index cards and then I go through each one.  If I know what a word means I put the card in one pile and if I don't the meaning of the word, I put the card in another pile. When I finished going through each word, I pick up the pile of the words I don't know and I go through the process again. I do it over and over again until all the cards are in the pile of Words that I do know.
Hopefully this method will work for my test tomorrow!



The process sometimes takes forever because there are so many words. Next time,I'll start it earlier...


No comments:

Post a Comment